Southwest 66 Credit Union (SW66CU), is a member owned financial institution, and is committed to providing our members with financial products and services to meet their needs and reach their financial goals. SW66CU is equally committed to protecting our members' privacy. You can be confident that your financial privacy is a priority of SW66CU. SW66CU is required by law to give you this privacy notice to explain how we collect, use and safeguard your personal financial information. If you have any questions, please contact a member service representative at (432)-363-6600 or toll free (800)-344-3416.
Information We Collect and Disclose About You
We collect nonpublic personal information about you from the following sources;
- Information we receive from you on applications and other forms;
- Information about your transactions with us or others;
- Information we receive from a consumer reporting agency;
- Information obtained when verifying the information you provide on an application or other forms. This may be obtained from your current or past employers, or from other institutions where you conduct financial transactions.
We may disclose all the information we collect, as described above, to companies that perform marketing services on our behalf or to other financial institutions with which we have joint marketing agreements. To protect our members’ privacy, SW66CU only works with companies that agree to maintain strong confidentiality protections and limit the use of information we provide. SW66CU does NOT permit these companies to sell the member information we provide to other third parties.
In order to conduct the business of SW66CU, we may also disclose nonpublic personal information about you under other circumstances as permitted or required by law. These disclosures typically include information to process transactions on your behalf, conduct the operations of SW66CU, and follow your instructions as you authorize, or protect the security of our financial records.
Disclosure of Information About Former Members
If you terminate your membership with SW66CU, we will not share information we have collected about you except as permitted or required by law.
How We Protect Your Information
What You Can Do to Help Protect Your Privacy
We restrict access to nonpublic personal information about you to those employees who have a specific business purpose in utilizing your data. Our employees are trained in the importance of maintaining confidentiality and member privacy. We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with federal regulations and leading industry practices to safeguard your nonpublic personal information.
SW66CU is committed to protecting the privacy of its members. Members can help by following these simple guidelines:
- Protect your account numbers, card numbers, PINs (personal identification numbers) and passwords. Never keep your PIN with your debit or credit card which can provide free access to your accounts if your card is lost or stolen.
- Use caution when disclosing your account numbers, social security numbers, etc. to other persons. If someone calls you, explains the call is on behalf of the credit union and asks for your account number, you should beware. Official credit union staff will have access to your information and will not need to ask for it.
- Keep your information with us current. It is important that we have current information on how to reach you. If we detect potentially fraudulent or unauthorized activity or use of an account, we will attempt to contact you immediately. If your address or phone number changes, please let us know.
If you have questions concerning this notice, please do not hesitate to call us --- we are here to serve you.