In 1949, Odessa 66 Federal Credit Union was organized to serve
the primary financial and transactional needs of the Permian Basin
employees of Phillips Petroleum Company. During 1964, the Board
of Directors elected to convert to a Texas State Charter. By converting
to a State Chartered Credit Union, the entire employee base of Phillips
Petroleum company, which is located in West Texas and Eastern New
Mexico, was eligible to join our Credit Union. Odessa 66 Credit
Union underwent a name change in 1997 and now operates under the
name of Southwest 66 Credit Union. Over the past several years,
the Southwest 66 field of membership has expanded to include a community charter of Ector and Midland counties.
Southwest 66 Credit Union now has over 11,000 members and assets
of $73 million.
Southwest 66 Credit
Union is founded on the principle of people helping people. Through
cooperative effort and unhampered by "profit motives,"
memberships provide a wide range of economical financial services.
Because Southwest 66 Credit Union is directly owned and controlled
its members, those members directly benefit from its success through
lower costs and enhanced services. And because every member has
vote at the annual meeting, regardless of the size of their account,
Southwest 66 Credit Union is responsive to the needs of all members.